At D-Virtual Park, we take the protection for your Personal Information (such as name; address; phone number; date of birth; e-mail address; credit card number; gender) very seriously. We collect Personal Information that you provide to us voluntarily on D’Virtual Park website and its other related channels and process it for the following purposes(“Purposes”):
- To complete transactions with you and manage your membership to our customer loyalty scheme or for the purpose of storing game scores where applicable;
- To direct market to you;
- To understand and analyse our sales, and your needs and preferences.
- To develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to meet your needs.
- To enable you to participate in promotions and contests.
- To enable you to participate in customer research or focus groups.
- To process exchanges or product returns.
- To improve our services
We may communicate with you through a variety of channels, including through our stores, our customer loyalty schemes, and through the internet: website and social media channels like Facebook and Twitter, and through a variety of means such as post, email, phone, fax, or text message, subject to your preference. You may unsubscribe at any time by writing to us in the manner explained in our communications.
We may use email to communicate news and special promotions to our members. If you’d rather not receive these messages, you can click the unsubscribe link on the email and you will be unsubscribed from the mail list immediately and without any cost.
Any promotions and contests hosted on D’Virtual Park related channels such Facebook are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
You are providing your information to D’Virtual Park for the Purposes of participating in the online activities orchestrated by D’Virtual Park and not to Facebook.
Our Approach to Privacy
- We take every measure to provide a comparable level of protection for Personal Information should the information be Processed by a Vendor.
About Information Collection
- We provide you with information that explains why the Personal Information is needed and how the Personal Information will be processed.
- We at D’Virtual Park limit the amount and type of information that we collect to that which is necessary for the identified Purposes and do not collect your Personal Information unless you (directly or indirectly) provide it to us voluntarily.
- Although the precise details of the Personal Information collected will vary according to the specific purpose, we may typically collect the following Personal Information from or in relation to you:.
- phone numbers(s)
- date of birth
- email address
- identity card number or passport number
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- Where we collect information through our Web Sites, as is the case with many other web sites, we automatically collect certain non-personal information regarding web site use that does not identify you. Examples include the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the web site, the internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our Web Site, the operating system you are using, the sections of the web site you visit, the web site pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from our Web Site.
- We may use non-personal information to compile tracking information reports regarding site user demographics, site traffic patterns, and site purchases. None of the tracking information in the reports can or will be connected to the identities or other Personal Information of individual users
- In this way, your visit to our Web Site will be logged; however, you will remain anonymous to us unless you specifically choose to share information with us. We use this information about the way in which our customers use our Web Site to better understand which features are most popular and best meet the needs of our visitors.
When Is Personal Information Collected and How Is It Used?
- We at D’Virtual Park collect Personal Information for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- We only keep Personal Information for as long as is necessary to satisfy the specified Purposes, for which it was collected. We retain Personal Information in accordance with our own guidelines, procedures and principles and in line with applicable legislati
- We may disclose your Personal Information if we are required to do so by law or requirement of a competent authority.
- In addition to the above, we may from time to time work on specific initiatives with carefully selected third party companies/organisations (outside of D’Virtual Park) to share opportunities with you. If we do this, we will inform you at the time of such initiatives that, if you decide to submit any Personal Information, it will be shared with those selected companies/organisations and we will only do so with your prior consent
- If you do consent (opt in) to receive these communications you may unsubscribe at any point in the future by contacting us as provided at section 6.4 below.
Customer Consent (Opt In – Unsubscribe)
- Opt In: We at D’Virtual Park will not use your Personal Information for a purpose that has not previously been specified, unless we have previously obtained your consent or unless such purpose is required by law.
- Consent to provide Personal Information is not a condition for our selling a product to you, unless the information requested is required to fulfill an explicitly specified and legitimate purpose.
- In particular we will generally seek your explicit prior consent (opt in) before sending to you marketing communications (see 5.1.2 above) unless the exception stated in section 6.6 below applies.
- If you have previously opted into receiving commercial communications from us pursuant to 6.3 above, while also becoming a member of our membership or passport scheme, should your membership to such scheme comes to an end for whatever reason, we will not take this to imply an automatic request to unsubscribe, and we will assume that we have your continued consent, unless you specifically unsubscribe, as is provided for in section 6.4.
- Similar Products or Services (Soft-opt-in): In certain jurisdictions, it is permissible to send commercial communications by email even in the absence of explicit prior consent (opt-in) where the recipient’s details have been collected in connection with the sale or negotiation for sale of products or services, irrespective of the conclusion of a contract, provided always that the sender’s identity is clearly stated and an unsubscribe option is given. This is usually referred to as the “Similar Products or Services exception”, or as the “Soft-opt-in rule”. Where this rule applies we may rely on it in order to send to you marketing communications that we think may be of interest to you, but we will make sure that this is made clear and that you are given the opportunity up-front to opt out from receiving such communications from us, whilst you will also always be given the opportunity to subsequently unsubscribe pursuant to section 6.4.
Accuracy of Information
- We at D’Virtual Park Malaysia keep Personal Information as accurate, complete and upto-date as necessary, taking into account its use and the interests of our customers.
- You are responsible for informing us about changes to your Personal Information and for ensuring that such information is accurate and current.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
- Dependant on the legislation, some customers have a qualified right to access, rectify, delete, or object (to the processing of) your Personal Information stored by us and to receive an account of its use and disclosure. Where there is no such right provided by law, we may still allow access to such information. We recommend that all customer requests for access to Personal Information held by D’Virtual Park be made in writing, although we will not impose a formal requirement in this regard. However, we may require you to provide us with additional information reasonably necessary for us to satisfy your request.
- We amend the Personal Information contained in our database or elsewhere as required when an individual successfully demonstrates the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the Personal Information. An amendment may involve the correction, deletion or addition of information and notification to third party to whom the data have been disclosed. However, we may be unable to amend past purchase information or return transaction information.
How Do We keep Your Information Secure?
- We at D’Virtual Park protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information, regardless of the format in which it is held.
- We use various methods to safeguard Personal Information. They include:
- physical measures: locked filing cabinets, restriction of access to offices, and company alarm systems.
- technical tools: passwords and encryption, using generally industry best practices. Only authorized personnel with user ID and password from D’Virtual Park have access to the information.
- organisational controls: confidentiality agreements, limiting access on a need-to-know basis, staff training and security clearances.
Matters specific to the Internet
- Links to Other Websites
- The Web Site or any of D’Virtual Park’s various other Web Sites may contain links to other third party owned and operated web sites or internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another web site or internet resource. We have no responsibility or liability for or control over those other web sites or internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure (processing) of your Personal Information.
- We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other sites to learn how they collect and use information about you.
- Cookies – Beacons
- You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of our Web Site and your ability to access certain features of the site or to engage in transactions.
- Tracking tags/Beacons: Each web page in our Web Sites contains tracking pixels that allow us to follow your progress through the various pages within the web site. This information is then aggregated (de-personalised) before being analysed.